Have you ever had a time when people were nice to you even though it was slightly wrong on their part? Let me explain. The past little while I have had several experiences like this. First, I generally ride the bus to work and lately a very nice bus driver has been letting me ride an earlier express bus. These buses cost twice as much but are much faster. Well, he has been letting me ride for the price of my bus (1.50 instead of 3 dollars). But, I am not sure he would accept full price even if I tried to pay it. It has been wonderful to ride this bus because the bus I normally ride is on detour and that means it is VERY late all the time. But, I am not sure if it really ok for me to do it. Second, Michael and I went to get ice cream on Monday for our treat. Well, the person scooped our ice cream and then said we could just have it since he was about to close. He wouldn't let us pay. What can you do?
We went to Connecticut last weekend for a graduate school interview at University of Connecticut. The interview went very well. We enjoyed the place except for the horrible weather. We were stuck there in the worst storm of the season. Everything was closed and the roads were horrible. To top it all off, the windshield wipers on our rental care kept smearing the snow and causing ice to freeze on the window. It was nearly impossible to see at times. We spent most of Friday in our hotel room as a result. We did get to go to Hartford on Saturday. We went to the Wadsworth Atheneum (an art gallery). It was great! We loved it. It was not fun trying to walk on the sidewalks of Hartford in foot deep snow though. (We got pretty wet.)
I got released from my calling on Sunday. It was an early morning at church since we got in at 1 am. I had to teach part of the Relief Society lesson or I probably wouldn't have gone at 8 in the morning. Needless to say we had a long nap. =)
The biggest and best news of the week is that we heard from UConn already. We got accepted to go there. After our trip there and our prayers, we feel like that is where we are supposed to go. We are moving 2300 miles this summer to Connecticut for school. We are very excited!!!
I will try to post pictures on Sunday.
No comments:
Post a Comment