The last little while has been very busy and nerve-wracking. It is a difficult thing to live in the unknown. I have never been the most patient person and waiting is not my forte. However, I am beginning to learn a bit of patience. I also know how much I need to rely on the things that are lasting and eternal when things get tough.
I am plugging along at work. I think that I am beginning to finally see the light at the end of the tunnel on the project that I am working on. It has been rewarding to finally see the result of my efforts. I am done counting seeds and on to editing the previous catalog for errors. It looks like a new catalog for the company is on the way in the next year. I am excited to help with that.
Michael is working feverishly to get everything done for school. He is to the point in the semester when it is a mad dash to the finish. He also has an Independent Study course to finish in the next few weeks. He likes his classes, especially his Martial Arts class.
We are headed to Connecticut this weekend for an interview at UConn. We are excited to go but also nervous. We both feel really good about the program. It will be interesting to see how we like the place. It would definitely be a huge change and a long moving trip in a few months.
We heard from Utah State last week letting us know that they had selected other applicants. It was not as if Michael was not well qualified but it just did not work out. Sometimes doors close for a reason. Maybe what would be the most comfortable and easy thing for us to do is not what we should do.
Next week I will get released from my calling as Relief Society Secretary. I have to train two new people because we are splitting our Relief Society. Unfortunately that means that I have to make duplicates of everything. I am not excited about that.
Well, that is about all. I will be sure to post photos soon from our trip to Connecticut.
No comments:
Post a Comment