Hello all! I hope that you all had a very Merry Christmas and that you remembered the true meaning of Christmas this year. It truly is about the birth of the Savior and all that he has done for this world.
Michael and I are currently in Indiana for the next little while. We arrived on Sunday evening after quite the trip. On Saturday we drove to West Virginia for a wedding. One of the people in Michael's cohort at school got married so we stopped by on our way to Indiana. It was on the way but only loosely. It added quite a few miles on but we were glad we went. It made us remember our own wedding. I was feeling extremely grateful for the church.
The next day was a very long day. We drove for another 9 or so hours to get to Indiana. We first went to Hancock, MD and went to Sacrament meeting. It lasted nearly an hour and a half. Ugh! After that things got pretty crazy. I started driving and we went through very heavy rain and fog. It was so foggy that I could not see behind us at all and only a few meters in front of us. I was afraid someone would run into the back of us. We also had snow, a traffic backup, and a interstate closing due to a terrible accident. We had nearly everything on the way but we did finally make it in one piece.
For Christmas eve, we got to visit the old Jail museum and the Henry Lane house. I had never been to either. To those who have not (probably most of you), the old jail museum is the last working rotary jail in the nation. All of the cells are in a circle and you turn a crank to get to a certain prisoner. Henry Lane was a US Senator during the Civil War and a good friend of Abraham Lincoln. He helped push to get Lincoln on the ballot for President.
Christmas was fun. We spent the day with my brother Matt in Decatur, IN. I got to meet my nephew Clayton for the first time. He is such a handsome little boy! I was glad too that their little girl Faith warmed up to me by the end of the visit. We received many wonderful gifts this year and I feel very blessed. I am so grateful for family.
I am glad for this extended vacation. It had been awhile since I had a break. I plan to sleep as much as I can and just relax. I think that I am finally calmed down after our crazy trip here.
No comments:
Post a Comment