Sunday, December 16, 2007

Tagged...

I guess I should probably do this since I was tagged forever ago.

A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.
B. Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves.
C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

6 Things that make me unique

1) I love soil (no not dirt). I studied soil science at BYU where I learned more than most of you ever realized was possible about it. I love to give advice about nutrient deficiencies and plant problems. Although, sadly I have no plants myself. The apartment we live in lets in next to no natural light. I need to get a shade-loving plant so that I can actually have some nature in my home. If you have any questions or problems with your plants, please holler.

2) I have a goal to go to all of the 50 states during my lifetime. I have a really good start with 35. To clarify what I mean by going to all of the states, it does not count unless you visit or do something there that is significant. For instance, an airport does not count and only driving through a small section of it doesn't either. Otherwise, I would have I would have at least 4 more states.

3) I can mix a mean solution. Yes, I love chemistry unlike at least half of the rest of the world who dread even the words atom, stoichiometry, redox, and lewis structure. I work in a chemistry lab and I make chemical concoctions for a living (to put it simply). Obviously I do lots of other things as well.

4) I still love writing letters and getting snail mail over writing e-mails. E-mails are so much less personal. At any one time I try to have at least two or three pen pals. I just wish that stamps would quite going up in price. Pretty soon I will have to sacrifice an arm or a leg just to buy stamps.

5) I am an environmentalist (not the chain yourself to a tree obsessive kind). I try to recycle which is immensely easier in Connecticut. Recycling was non-existent in Utah. I am very conscious about our use of electricity and gasoline. I love learning about environmental issues and what I can do to make a difference. I truly believe that each of us can make a difference.

6) I like to keep up with the Pacers, Colts, Yankees, Cougars, and Huskies. I don't care one snitch about the other sports teams about there. I enjoy watching my teams, but I rarely sit down and watch a game unless these teams are playing.

Now I am going to tag Joy and Tricia. Most everyone else that I know with a blog has already been tagged.

1 comment:

karla said...

You are so funny, Sara! Good for you on recycling and actually enjoying Chemistry!