Saturday, February 16, 2008

Chugging along

Well, it has been a long time since I posted. It is somewhat difficult to find time to get on the computer these days. I can't justify taking the time away from Michael when he has homework and most of my time on the internet is just blogging and e-mail. But, he is sleeping on the couch and I snatched up the time.

As you can tell from the title, it has been a tired beginning to the semester. Michael is SO busy! I can't imagine if he had any other demands on his time. He has I believe 15 credits of grad courses, several of which are extremely demanding. He started with clients a week and a half ago. Thankfully, he just has one right now. But, starting this summer, he will have an internship where he will take on more. He is a TA for a writing course and they write 5-6 papers each semester that he has to grade both the drafts and finals. There are 13 students in his section. He also has a group that he has to attend once a week for a cultural experience. To top it off, he is likely going to be called as the Institute teacher for the area. Hence the reason why he is snoozing on the couch. Ugh!

We did our taxes today and we were happy to see that we will get some money back and not have to pay anything. Living in Connecticut has made me really appreciate how good we had it in Provo. Money just doesn't go as far here unfortunately.

For me, things are going well. They started a book group in our ward Relief Society and I am loving it. We meet once a month and we have our meetings planned until May. We did that so that hopefully we can get all of the books read. My job keeps me just on the verge of sanity at times but at least it pays the bills. The best part about my job is that I am on campus and close to Michael. I also have a great boss who is very flexible and easy to talk to. We are still down a person, though, so we are busy all the time. I guess the nice thing is that I never get bored. There is no time for it.

We had a fun Valentine's Day. I got Michael a new journal and he had to find it with a scavenger hunt. He got me the movies Pride & Prejudice (the long one) and Sense & Sensibility. I am dying to watch them. I am lucky to have such a wonderful husband!

We are both looking forward to Spring Break in March, only three weeks away. I am taking some time off and we are going to go to either Boston or New York to see some of the sites. I hope things are going well for everyone else.

1 comment:

karla said...

Great to hear from you! Hang in there with the job and everything else you have going on. Looking forward to Boston and New York should help. :)