Sunday, March 2, 2008

It is time for spring!

I never realized when we moved to New England that we would get so much snow! I mean, you hear about this part of the country and they usually do get a lot of snow, but good grief. Everyone assures me that this is a mild winter, but I can't believe it. I would hate to see a normal or severe winter. I am definitely ready for spring, though. I am ready to be able to go for walks and not freeze. I am ready for cheaper electric bills. I am ready for the green and the flowers. I guess the only thing that I am not looking forward to are mosquitoes and ticks. I am sure they have loads of them here since we live in a swamp and it rains so much.

This week was not one that I would not soon want to repeat. I have had some pretty stressful things happen at my job. I wish that I felt more supported and needed there. After all, we are short a person in my office. You would think that they would not want to lose anyone else. I am hoping that things will go better this week. If not, I will probably have to discuss the situation with my boss. Oh the joys of having a job! At least my boss is really nice and easy to talk to.

We had another book club meeting this week. I am really enjoying discussing the books and the social time with the sisters in my ward. This month we read My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult. It is a page turner and fairly intense. I would not recommend it for light reading, but I did enjoy it. Of course, like most media these days, there were a few parts and some language that I didn't appreciate, but on the whole, I enjoyed the book. There are definitely some controversial issues discussed too.

Michael finished up the interviews for his summer internship this week. He interviewed at four places - Stafford Family Practice, Waterbury Hospital, Westbrook Family Services, and UCFS in Norwich. Unfortunately, many of them are far away. They are all in Connecticut, but that does not guarantee that they are close by. I am really hoping that he gets one of the ones that he liked. I just pray that gas doesn't go up anymore. The internship starts in June and will continue for about a year.

Have a good week everyone!

2 comments:

karla said...

Hang in there at work! I've had plenty of those "how am I going to make it" days, but keep on swimming! Regardless of how they treat you at work, you are wonderful!

Jacalyn said...

I enjoy reading your blog. I miss you both a ton. I love you.