Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Back to Busy

Well, Michael and I are very busy now since school started. We don't get to see each other nearly as much as during the school year. We have nearly opposite schedules on some days. Take today for instance. He has classes and clients from 9-4pm. I work from 2-10pm. Ugh! I hope we can get through this semester.

The scoop on my job situation is that they did finally put out the add for someone else to work in the stockroom. We have been working with three people for over a year now and there are supposed to be four people who work in the stockroom. The unfortunate thing is that they probably won't start until next semester since they traded the salary in for grad student help. I can't believe how unbelievably crazy it has been. Yesterday I ran around the entire day and came home exhausted. I am really not that thrilled to have to go back today. But, somehow we will have to get by.

Michael is enjoying his classes and everything for the most part. He has one class that I think will be pretty challenging especially since the book he has to read for it is as big as I am. He has found a way to make his long drives to Norwich for his internship on Mondays and Wednesdays enjoyable. He is listening to books on cd. He has listened to three or four books now.

One thing we have done recently is collect a bunch more books. In our house we are bookaholics (yes I made that up). I have told Michael several times that if you threw out the books and kitchen stuff that we own, there would be very little stuff left. We went to the Book Barn in Niantic, CT a couple of weeks ago and each got a couple of books. They also had a book sale at our local library on Saturday and we each got some more books. I am looking forward to the day when we have our own library. We probably have enough books to have a pretty good one right now. =)

1 comment:

karla said...

Glad to hear that you are surviving. Hopefully you get a new person hired soon!