For Spring Break, we went down to Mystic, CT for a couple of days. We stayed in a Bed & Breakfast that we went to last year for Spring Break. We really enjoyed this mid-semester diversion. I really wished that we could have stayed longer. We went to a Sub museum, Olde Mistick Village, and an Old Lighthouse. There are some pictures below. The best part, though, wasn't the site-seeing, but the chance to relax and spend time together!
Olde Mistick Village - It is mainly a shopping area but we got some good cheese and fudge. Mmmm!
This is the old lighthouse that we saw. I was disappointed that we didn't get to go inside. I think it must only be open during the busy tourist season.
One other really big thing that I had this month was the Cub Scout Blue & Gold Dinner. I am a Cub Scout Den Leader (just in case you didn't know). So, my Assistant (partner in crime =)) and I put it together along with the Webelos leader and it turned out really well. It was a little weird to be the one in charge of a big event like this, but all in all it went well. There were several scouts who had significant achievements and I was so proud of them!
Michael and I really enjoyed General Conference this past weekend. We got to watch all of the sessions (except Priesthood) on the internet. I am grateful to have computers and the internet! I really felt so rejuvenated from all of the inspiring talks and messages. I can't wait to read them all. It is truly a blessing to have prophets and apostles on the earth today to lead and guide us in our lives!
As far as baby news, we have our ultrasound scheduled in early May and hopefully we will find out if we're having a boy or a girl. So far, I can still wear most of my normal clothes with the assistance of a wonderful thing called a tummy sleeve. This way I can wear my regular pants and not have to button them!! I have taken a few pictures of my growing belly, but really you still can't really tell that I am pregnant so I will spare you. =) Mostly it just looks like I have gained a few pounds.
Anyway, hope everyone has a Happy Easter on Sunday!
3 comments:
A little late, but congratulations on the baby! How exciting!
I like the picture you have of the lighthouse--it makes it seem really big :). Kinda a puny one in my opinion, however it would've been cool to go inside. I am so glad the Blue and Gold dinner is over too!!! Although it was fun planning it with you :). Thanks again for having us over for dinner. It's nice to have such great friends!!
Glad you got to go back to Mystic! And that's cool that the museum was better than you thought it would be and that it was FREE! It's understandable that you wouldn't want to post pictures of your growing belly if it's not quite yet an obvious "baby bump", but I think most of us who don't see you on a regular basis are excited to eventually see pics once your belly does start showing more.
Post a Comment