Thursday, April 15, 2010
Baby Food
I am sure many of you have gone to a Baby Shower and played the baby food game. You know, the one where all of the labels are removed and you have to guess what they are. Well, the other day I made Eli breakfast of oat cereal and what I thought was peaches. He likes peaches. However, he seemed to make a strange face when he ate the orange substance I thought was peaches. I didn't realize until later that he was eating butternut squash instead. He is not much of a fan of squash. So, let me tell you there are WAY too many orange fruits and veggies as baby food. I am not sure how I made the mistake since the label was on it too. I guess I can only contribute it to "Mommy brain." Michael and I had a pretty good laugh over it later. That really is the key to not going crazy as a mom, learning to laugh at yourself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Amen! In my mind's eye I can see Eli's dissatisfaction and I can hear your and Michael's laughter later. Funny story! And even after my own experience with all sorts of baby food jars, I'm still no good at that baby shower game. Peas without fail get mistaken for green beans. And carrots for squash. "Mommy brain" is a real thing; I just wish there were some easy, obvious cure...
Ha ha :) I found your blog and really enjoyed reading the various updates about you, Michael, and Eli in CT! Glad that you are happy and enjoying being mom, and that your family is well!
Post a Comment