Sunday, May 23, 2010

Blessings

I have been thinking a lot about the many blessings that I have lately. I started a gratitude journal of sorts about a year and half ago. It is amazing how much that has helped me to get through the craziness of the past year and a half. I know that it has truly helped me to see Heavenly Father at work in my life.

The past week has been pretty rough. We have been very busy and Michael and I have seen very little of each other. We don't get a ton of time together in a normal week, but this it seems like one of us was gone every evening. There were a few times when I caught a glimpse what it might be like to be a single parent. I am SO grateful for Michael! It would be immensely more difficult without him. Sometimes even just knowing that he is supporting me even when he is gone helps me to get through the craziness of life.

Eli has been working on getting some teeth as of late and he has been pretty cranky. He for sure has one cut through and we think he is working on two more. He has also been much more squirmy. In the mornings when we go in to get him up from bed, he has been found in all sorts of positions from on his tummy, turned the oposite way, and perpendicular to the normal lay of his bed. He is sitting up really well too. All of the sudden he has really become fond of sucking his thumb too.

Family is such a blessing! I am grateful to be able to be Eli's mom and to be in my little family.

2 comments:

Audrey said...

You are such a cute little family too!! Miss you guys! :)

Liz said...

I know it gets pretty crazy sometimes. I know how it feels to hardly see each other and I am not looking forward to it being that way when the baby comes and I have to go back to work. I hope things are going ok, life can be so crazy and busy! We love you and miss you!