By way of update, I will just mention a few things that are going on for each of us.
Michael is pretty busy with his job and doesn't get home most nights until 6 or 7. He also just got called into the Elder's Quorum Presidency in our ward. He is the 1st counselor. We were not expecting that! When the Stake President calls on a Friday night and says he wants to talk to your husband, you know something is up. But, I was not expecting that. He is also the Assistant Ward Organist and the Institute teacher in our ward. We are hoping that he will be released from something!
I am doing well. It is starting to be more fun to stay home with Eli because he is so fun to play with. He can play peek-a-boo and he laughs and smiles a lot. It could be the hardest day ever and he smiles at me and everything is all the sudden so much better. I am the Cub Scout Den Leader in our ward and we recently had our Blue & Gold Banquet. It was a relief that have that done. There is always so much to do for that. I was proud of the boys for all of their hard work, though. I really enjoy working with them. I am also starting to get back into shape. It isn't easy to find time to go for a run, but I am slowly working it in. I hope to do a 5K or maybe a 10K by the end of the summer.
Eli is as silly as ever! He sits up really well now. He loves to sit on his blanket and play with his toys. Although, he may not learn to crawl any time soon because if a toy gets away from him, he has figured out that he can grab the blanket and pull it toward him to get the toy. =) He also likes to gather the blanket all around him and his toys and make a kind of nest. He is a joy to watch as he learns and figures things out.
Hope all is well with everyone out there! At least I think that there are people out there reading this blog. I hope that I am not just talking to myself. Happy Mother's Day and Happy Sunday!
5 comments:
Sounds like you guys are keeping busy. Hopefully you got spoiled on first (I guess maybe second depending on when you found out you were pregnant) mothers day. I can't wait to meet little Eli in person.
Good for you at training for a race. I just started running again last week (okay, running and walking) and it feels good to be moving again!
Happy Late Mothers Day to you! You are definitely not talking to yourself! It sounds like you are both keeping busy and well and that is awesome you are training to run a race! Good for you! Eli sounds so cute I want to meet him!
I love reading and getting updated as well Sara, so keep on writing:)
Very cool update! So Michael has 3 callings, plus is assigned as a home teacher?! I think that would be doable if he didn't work full-time! Sure hope he gets released from something so that you can see him from time to time. Really!
Oh, how I wish I could watch and hear Eli play peekaboo and smile and giggle!
Congrats on the running goals you've set. That's very admirable. I'm sure Danny would enjoy going on runs with you. If only!
I, too, need to get back into shape. My cardiovascular system just isn't getting the workouts it needs, and many of my muscles seem to be on the verge of atrophy. Yikes!
Oh, and congrats on the success of your Blue & Gold Banquet. Bet those boys really appreciate all you do for them, or at least their parents must!
Post a Comment