Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Bananas and Stats

I have been struggling to get Eli to try new finger foods. He just doesn't want to try them. He mostly just enjoys dropping them off the side of his tray. He really just likes Cheerios. Well, the Dr. suggested trying just giving him a hunk of banana and he loved it. He had a ton of fun mashing and playing with it and much to my excitement eating it! It was fun to watch, but not to clean up.

He had his 9 month checkup this week too. He checked out nicely and everything seems to be great. He is 20 lb 4 oz (43rd percentile) and 27 3/4 in tall (35th percentile). He is getting really heavy to lug around.

3 comments:

Joni and Chase said...

Oh fun! He is growing so fast! I love to read your updates! Keep it up!

Kathleen said...

How cool that Eli discovered the joys of eating bananas! Maybe you'll soon find other foods that he enjoys eating as long as he can handle them himself as opposed to being spoon-fed. But tell you what, I hear ya on the part about clean-up. For a long time it seemed that all I ever did was change diapers, spend 30-45 minutes three times a day in front of the high chair, and spend another 5-10 minutes after each meal trying to eliminate the aftermath. Whether you use paper towels or wash cloths, you go through them so fast. His stats are adorable. We would love to meet him while he's still a baby!

Liz said...

How fun! He is getting so big and I haven't even had a chance to see him! I bet he is so much fun! Thanks for the stats!