Sunday, February 12, 2012

Under the weather...

I am sure you can relate to this senario... Your whole family is sick and you tirelessly help to care for them until everyone is better. During the process you are extra diligent about hand-washing and cleaning and disifecting everything and then over time you get lax. In your mind you think, maybe we will be good for awhile. Several weeks pass and all is in the clear. Then someone starts to sneeze or have a runny nose and it all starts over.

We have all been sick this past little while. The baby had RSV and then the rest of us have followed suit in catching varients of it. We were pretty nervous for awhile about the baby. He had a really high fever (over 103!). Thankfully, he is pretty much back to his feisty self. One thing I have been very grateful for through the whole thing, though, is knowing that sickness is temporary. I am grateful for our health and that generally we are healthy.

3 comments:

Joni and Chase said...

I am glad he is doing better and you are all feeling well. That is no fun to be sick.

JoshandJen said...

Oh I am so sorry!!! I am glad the baby is doing better, RSV is SO scary (all of my kids have had it as babies) the sickness is always in our house, it just seems as some get better, than the other kids get it, than the one who started out with it gets it all over again, oh the vicious cycle of being sick with kids!! I hope you guys are on the mend and stay healthy for awhile!

Kathleen said...

There are few things I dislike more than being sick. I'm sorry you've had to deal with illness off and on all winter! And I can barely imagine what it would be like to care for two sick children simultaneously. Hang in there!