Sunday, January 22, 2012

A Few of My Favorite Things...

I have always liked the song from Sound of Music entitled "A Few of My Favorite Things" and I thought it really applied to the kids for the last while. So what are their favorite things?

John Ellis is 7 months old now and his favorite things are...

Smiling and sitting up!
Generally being happy and good natured
Eating solid food...especially bananas and apricots
Chewing on anything and everything that comes near his mouth... we're still waiting on teeth
Making all kinds of fun noises
The exersaucer
Playing with Eli
A few of Eli's favorite things are...
Eating, eating, eating...ever since Christmas he has been eating us out of house and home
Cheesy grins...this is how he responds to a camera
Trying on Mommy's and Daddy's shoes and wearing them around the house
Hats...He especially loves this hat of Daddy's and his green sock hat that a friend gave him
Being a mom to two little boys has been lots of fun so far. Although, I can't remember when I've been as tired, frustrated, or discouraged since becoming a mom. I have also felt so many moments of joy, happiness, and wonder being able to watch two little ones learn and grow up.

4 comments:

Janice Richardson said...

I LOVE the first picture of John Ellis! His smile is adorable!
PS: You're a great mom!

Joni and Chase said...

So cute! Thank you for sharing! It was great seeing you guys not too long ago. I sure hope all is going well!

Jacalyn said...

Loved your blog and especially your comments about being a mother. They really touched my heart. We really miss you two and your babies. Thanks for sharing.

Kathleen said...

Your boys are so handsome! Mom said John Ellis' eye color is like his Grandpa John's. I love that John Ellis' eyes and eyelids, to me anyway, seem to be just like Mom's. So cute!