Sunday, July 15, 2012

John Ellis is one

In June, John Ellis had his first birthday.  He was his usual happy self, and loved his cake and all the new toys.  In the while since I have written on the blog, he has gone from an inch worm crawl to crawling and now standing on his own and even taking a few steps.  A few months can change a lot with little people.


Eating cake... I made pizza but he loved the cake much more... especially the icing. 


The happy birthday boy. 


I just love his smile.  He is such a happy little boy!


Trying to figure out his new toy.  After opening one toy he just wanted to play with it, just forget the rest.  The hardest part was keeping Eli from getting too upset about not getting toys too.  Thankfully his grandparents sent him a book.  It really helped.


When he gets tired before a nap you can often find him laying like this on the floor.  If there is a pillow on the floor, he will crawl over to it and lay down on it.  It always lets me know its nap time!


He and Eli have really bonded lately.  They love to play together more now and sometimes don't want to go to bed at night because they would rather play some more.  I sure love my little boy and I can't believe he is one already!



2 comments:

Liz said...

Happy Very late Birthday John Ellis! He is such a cutie. I love that big smile! We sure miss you guys!

JoshandJen said...

Happy birthday cutie boy John Ellis! I can't believe he is 1 already, man times flies!!