Friday, August 24, 2007

Connecticut

Connecticut... were do I start? Well, it is great! Michael and I have been here just over a month and we are really beginning to feel at home. Our new ward has been very welcoming and we have already made some good friends. I have to admit, I was a little worried about it all at first.

I have been working at my new job for 4 weeks. It is hard to believe. I feel like I just started. The downside is that I still have no money to show for it. I will likely not be paid until next Thursday. That means that it has been almost two months since we have gotten a pay check. There is definitely something to be said for getting paid. Unfortunately, I still haven't figured out a way to make bills disappear. As far as my job goes, it is enjoyable. It keeps me busy and I like that. I am a little nervous about school starting, though. It will get even busier than it is now and I hope that I am ready for that!

Michael started Orientations this week. He starts his first classes on Monday. I can tell that he is a bit stressed about it. It will be a lot all at once and it won't end for probably 2 years or more. He doesn't really even get a summer off from classes. I am sure he can do it, though. He is a great student and able to handle a lot. Of course, that doesn't make you feel any better when you are in the middle of it all.

We went to Six Flags New England last weekend for my birthday. It was very very crowded and so much fun. They have a really great water park and lots of roller coasters. Of course, the best roller coaster (Super Man) was down for maintenance. We were there all day and we were completely worn out by it. I can't remember the last time that my feet ached that badly. It was so much fun, though. We celebrated my birthday on Sunday and I am a year older. I guess that is a good thing.

I am sure you are all curious about how Connecticut is unique and different. Imagine being in a forest that extended in all directions for as far as you can see (or can't see more like), add very windy and hilly roads and a pond every mile or two and you have Connecticut. The fruit and vegetables (especially berries) are superb as is the fish. The people have cool accents that come in all shapes and sizes. Everything is far away (at least from where we live) except where I work and Michael goes to school.

We have the internet in our apartment now so I should be able to post pictures and blogs more often I hope. I hope that the start of school is kind to everyone.

4 comments:

karla said...

Sara! I didn't know you have a blog! I'm adding you as a link to mine. I'm glad to hear you are getting everything figured out in CT.

Jacalyn said...

Sara,
I really enjoyed reading your blog. I will read it more often now. I love you! Give my love to Michael. Mom Redd

Anonymous said...

Sara! This is Jordan! I found your blog through Karla and I'm so happy to see you here so we can keep in contact even though we're so far away now. Doesn't it seem like just yesterday that you were my VT and bringing me yummy treats? I miss ya!

Emily said...

Sara! Hey! It's Emily Johansson. I also found your blog through Karla (bless that girl!). That's great that you guys made it to CT and are both doing so well. I know what you mean about being in a place for a month, but still feeling like you just got there. That's how I'm feeling anyways.