Sunday, September 16, 2007

The last little while

Well, after much deliberation, I am finally posting the pictures I have promised for several posts. We finally have the internet and Michael finally sat down and helped me put the pictures on the computer. I am sure glad to have a technological guy around!


Today was a good Sunday but a bit out of the ordinary. We didn't have church. We were up and ready and even on the way when they called to tell us that the power was out. As a result church was cancelled. We thought about going to another ward but, the closest one was 30 minutes away (I know not that far) and we crashed on the couch. By the time we woke up, the one that we might have gone to was half over. So, we had our own little service at home. It has been a good day though.


Michael and I went to a ward activity last night. It was mostly geared toward kids and since we don't have any that was a bit different. But, they did a cake walk and pictures and a dinner. We had a fun time and ate lots of yummy food.


Over Labor Day weekend, we went to the temple for the first time since we have been out here. It was so beautiful and wonderful to be there. We had planned to go to Boston and do some site-seeing as well but by the time we were done at the temple, we decided just to go home. However, we did enjoy the time away from school and work.

Then, there is the fiasco of the University of Connecticut payroll. Never mind that I worked for 5 weeks before getting paid. They also lost my direct deposit form and got my address wrong in the computer. So, I was ok to drive to the Washington Mutual 80 miles away once but not twice or more to put our checks in the bank. So, we had to break down and open another account and now we are assured that wherever we go one of them should be there. Especially since the one we just got is in all but Utah and Ohio. As a side note, we did not receive our insurance information either because of the wrong address. What a drag!!

Aside from that, we are just beginning to get into the groove of school and work. We are looking forward to a visit from my parents in about a month and we are enjoying the changing of the season. All of the trees here are beginning to look beautiful.

Pictures....



The Redd family at Zion's in June



Kirtland Temple... we visited there when we first got the Connecticut





Pictures on UConn campus



Boston Temple!

1 comment:

karla said...

I'm glad to hear you are getting things worked out and enjoying the colors change in New England. Beautiful picture of the Kirtland Temple, too! :)