Sunday, November 11, 2007

Rhode Island, rain, and runny noses

Guess what!? We moved! Take a look at our new house.









What? You don't believe me? Alright, you caught me. This is one of the Newport, RI mansions called the Breakers. No I do not have several million dollars and we did not move. All of the above is a lie to make you smile. Did it work?


Actually, I did go to that house at least through this hole in the hedge (see below).







My parents came out to visit at the end of October and we visited Rhode Island with them. After all, we are only like 40 miles from there. We went down to the coast where Newport is and looked at Fort Adams and the mansions. We also got some much needed fresh air and a view of the ocean. Isn't it beautiful!?




We also had our first Nor'easter last weekend since we have been here in New England. It was the remnants of Hurricane Noel. I was a little nervous about it because we were headed as a stake Relief Society to Boston to the temple where the winds and rain were the worst. But, it turned out fine. Our trip to the temple was wonderful and I had a great time!


I somehow caught a cold or something because I have a runny nose and my head is all plugged up and I feel very tired. I hope that if I get to bed earlier tonight that I will feel better. I hate being sick. The only consolation is that Michael is good and he takes care of me by making me herbal tea and making sure I rest.



That is all for now. I hope that everyone had a good Halloween. Ours was very quiet. We bought a bag of candy and not a one person showed up. So, we have been piecing at the candy ever since. I am looking forward to the holidays coming up because I get time off from work. I can't wait for a break!

3 comments:

Daniel said...

Hey Sara! I like the new house. :)

Tyler Waterfall said...

I'm glad you went to Rhode Island. You are seeing a part of the country I have never been to. It looks so beautiful! I love the Boston Temple and I'm glad you could go. Love to hear your news!

karla said...

Great post! I could almost feel the cold, ocean air here in MC #310!