Well, this week officially went by way too fast. Michael had the entire week off and I had Thursday and Friday off. All evening we have both been looking at the clock sadly as the hours click by until tomorrow. Tomorrow is back to school and work. Sadly, this good thing is coming to an end.
Michael spent the week relaxing and catching up on homework and sleep. I think he may have also put some time in on his favorite computer games. It was a much deserved break for him. He has been very busy this semester. I enjoyed coming home in the evenings and actually talking to him and getting home at a decent hour. With no students, I got to go in at 8:30 and leave at 4:30. It was very nice to have more evening hours. Those 10-6 days are killers.
Thanksgiving was fun. We spent the day with a couple of families from our ward. It was nice because that meant we could split Thanksgiving dinner cooking three ways. I got to make rolls, a pie, and mashed potatoes. All of which are easy and old hat for me. Before dinner all of the girls (2 babies and 3 women) met and cooked together. The men and boys stayed at our apartment and watched football. We had a fun day but we both missed family. Thanksgiving is one of those holidays that it is hard to be away from family. I am glad that we will be with family at Christmas time.
On Friday we went to Springfield, Massachusetts to a museum. We went to a Vietnamese restaurant and then to a museum complex there. There are four museums there and a memorial to Dr. Seuss. He was born and raised in Springfield, Mass and many of the people and places in his books are based on actual people and places in Springfield. Cool, huh?! We also saw a magic show and spend some time in the Science Museum. It was fun. We also went and did some early Christmas shopping. It was a fun all day date.
The rest of the weekend has been pretty normal. I taught in church today. We went Home Teaching (yes I did say we... I am Michael's companion) today. I am doing better at Home Teaching than visiting teaching this month by the way. I have a hard time coordinating with my companion to do visiting teaching. She doesn't much like my late work schedule since she has early morning seminary to teach. But, I don't blame her. I don't like my late schedule and I know how early seminary can be. Ugh...I am glad that is over.
Well, hope you all had plenty of turkey and pumpkin pie and a Happy Thanksgiving!
1 comment:
Glad to hear you guys had a good holiday. You've really got to savor those days off!!
Post a Comment