Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Earth Day!

Happy Earth Day! Most of you know that I am an environmentalist, so I thought I would remind you of this wonderful day set aside to remember the earth. Of course we should do what we can to remember to take care of the earth each day, but today is a special day. Earth Day was first celebrated in 1970. So, be sure to do something today to take care of the earth.

In honor of the day, I went to the Earth Day events on campus here at UConn. They had a recycled garbage art collection at the Benton art museum, a special display in the Co-op (bookstore on campus), and lots of other activities. I was excited to get a map of all of the farms in CT and places you can go to pick your own produce.

If you want to know more about Earth Day, go to the following link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_Day.

1 comment:

Daniel said...

Doom, death, destruction, apocalypse, global warming!!! I have no problem at all with Earth day and doing your part to take care of the environment, but I hate it when the focus is global warming and the fact that it is the end of the world. Just my 2 cents. Have a great day Sara!