Sunday, April 6, 2008

Conference

Well, I am still plugging along at work. I have taken a more active role in making it work and it seems to be going better. Although, we did have a meeting on Friday and I found out that I am to work the night shift in the Fall. I will be working Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday nights from 2-10pm. One of the classes that I will be supporting only meets in the evenings so that is why. I am excited to support this class but not to work nights. I hope that I get to see Michael some still. I already feel like I don't get to see him much now. We'll see if I make it through. I am glad I have a few months to get myself used to the idea.

Michael has been working hard on his studies the past little while. He has been staying up late lots of nights to get things done. He has a huge research paper that he has to do for next Monday that has no length limit but the students he knows who have taken the class say they wrote 30+ pages. Yikes! Sometimes thinking of all he has to do stresses me out.

General Conference was the highlight of this week. It was so energizing to hear the apostles, seventies, and the prophet speak. It was also neat to be apart of sustaining the prophet. I think that my favorite talks were Elder Ballard's, Elder Bednar's, and Gerald N. Lund's. There were some really great talks and I learned so much. I am excited to get the conference issue so I can read them again.

Well, just about a month and we are headed to Idaho for a wedding. Michael's sister is getting married. We are excited to visit with family and to have a break. I am looking forward to it.

1 comment:

Jacalyn said...

Hope things go okay during this very busy time. You both will be in our prayers. Love you mom