Sunday, April 27, 2008

News and Notes

Spring has finally come to New England. We have had the most beautiful weather for the past couple of weeks. I am loving all of the beautiful flowers and all of the green. I do not enjoy all of the pollen that accompanies this process, though. Everything under the sun is blooming right now and I must be allergic to most of it. But, I still think that Spring is one of the better seasons, right behind Fall.

I wanted to clarify one thing from the previous blog. I am an environmentalist to the extent that I think that we are all stewards of the resources that we have on earth. I think that we will be held accountable for the way that we treat this land. We each need to do our part to conserve resources and care for the earth. If stewardship does not come from within, I don't think people will be able to be forced to care about the environment through policies. Okay, now I will step down off my soap box and go back to my post.

I am getting excited about our trip out to Idaho in just two and a half weeks. Michael's sister Liz is getting married on May 17, so we are going to go out there for that. I am excited to see Michael's family and to have a break from work. I am due for a vacation! We will be gone about a week. I am also excited at the prospect of seeing my new niece and two of my brothers and their families.

One cool thing that happened to me at work is that I got a Brick of the Week award. The Student Affairs department takes nominations from students, faculty, and staff of people that they feel have furthered the aims of education and UConn in general. Someone that I worked with on a recent lab must have nominated for one of these awards and I got it. I don't know who it was, but I felt honored that someone recognized the efforts that I put forth to prepare for that lab. It is nice to be noticed.

That's all for now. I will try to post pictures soon (after I take some =))!

1 comment:

karla said...

Ah - I love spring! And good for you on getting that award!