I have just now found the time to post a blog. It has been awhile, but I wanted to wait until I could put some pictures on here from our trip to Idaho in the middle of last month. The first one there is of Michael with our little nephew Aaron who is a year old. The other picture is of Elizabeth (Michael's sister) and her husband when they first came out the temple. I am hoping to get some more pictures from Michael's mom of our trip. We aren't very good at taking them evidently.
We had a wonderful trip to Idaho. We spent a week there and it was a nice break. It was a little different from our typical visits because the kids were all still in school. We had lots of fun hanging out with Michael's Mom and Dad, though. The highlights of the trip would have to be (in no particular order):
1) Being there at the sealing of Liz and J.D.
2) Seeing lots of family - Michael's and some of mine
3) Playing several new and interesting games - Puerto Rico, Thurn and Taxis, and Pirates Dice
4) Eating at Taco Time!! It is the best fast food taco place hands down.
5) Watching Prince Caspian - what a great movie!
6) Plenty of reading time! I love books!
7) Not missing our flight - even though the first one was delayed by 45 minutes
8) Sleeping in!
9) Meeting our new little neice Rachel Kay Allen. She was such a cute little baby.
10) Having a much needed break from work and school!
We were glad to have a much needed vacation. It was just long enough that we were able to de-stress and relax. I had a great time. I was so glad that we got to see Joe and Joy and their kids who live in North Carolina in the airport on our way in and their way out. We also got to see Danny and Kathleen as we were leaving to go back to Connecticut.
Being in the temple and watching Liz and J.D. get sealed made me feel very grateful for my own temple marriage. I am grateful for Michael and all of his support and love. I don't know what I would do without him. We have really learned to rely on each other out here in Connecticut since we are so far from family. I am grateful to be blessed with such a great husband.
I also wanted to throw out to everyone a request. I am trying to read as many books as possible this year, and I would like recommendations of good books to read. It can be hard to sift through all the rubbish and find good books sometimes. If you think of something, post a comment on my blog or e-mail me with the recommendation. Thanks!
2 comments:
Yay for Idaho! As for book recommendations, Amy recently let me borrow "Gathering Blue" and "Messenger" by Lois Lowry. They are companion/sequel books to "The Giver."
Hey you two! JD and I just got a blog and stole the link to yours off of Sarah and Spencer's blog- here is the link to our blog if you didn't check Michael's email-
http://egbertupdate.blogspot.com and we recommend the book(s) eragon and eldest- the third book comes out in september and JD has posted a count down on our website for it. Happy reading!
Post a Comment