Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Pennsylvania

Be sure to look at the next post too. I posted both of them today because I am behind. July was vacation month for us I guess. This past weekend we went to Pennsylvania to visit with Joni and Chase (Michael's sister and brother in law). They live in Indiana so we met in the middle at Harrisburg, PA. It was not quite in the middle but there were lots of things to see there so we decided to meet there. We went to Hershey, Gettysburg, and City Island park. We both enjoyed ourselves.

View from City Island Park into Harrisburg, PA

Chase and Michael trying to make the boat go in opposite directions.

Michael and I on the footbridge that crosses the Susquehanna River.

Yeah for chocolate!

Hershey's Chocolate World


Gettysburg!

View from Union lines across the field to the Confederates - sight of day 3 battling (Pickett's charge).

Michael at the eternal flame monument.

Joni and Chase

The monument to Robert E. Lee at the location of the Confederate lines.

The view from on top of Little Round Top

Michael on top of a cool castle monument

Michael and I in our hats

The Pennsylvania monument

It was a good weekend and we had fun visiting with family. I wish we lived closer to them! Hope you enjoyed all the pictures. I think this is more pictures than I have posted in the rest of the blog all together. Hope everyone is having a great summer!

No comments: