Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

Michael and I had an interesting 4th of July. We decided to go to Providence Rhode Island for the weekend. I had the day off and so did Michael so we took the chance to get out of town and do something fun. We went to a parade in Willimantic in the morning before heading to RI. That was an interesting parade. There were people protesting all kinds of things. They gave out everything from candy to live plants. It was fun and luckily not too hot.

As we were driving to Rhode Island, we realized that we forgot our map. We always have it with us normally but somehow we forgot it. So, we wandered around a bit more than we would have but we did learn that you always need a map.

There is a gigantic mall in Providence and we went there for awhile. We went to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner and then made our way to our hotel. Which, by the way has no parking near it or any where else in downtown Providence UNLESS you have lots of money. Parking was very expensive.

The next day we went to the Roger Williams Park and Zoo. It had been a long time since either of us had been to a zoo so that was fun. I captured some good pictures. We had a lot of fun! There were some fairly unique animals there. I enjoyed the walk and the chance the spend time with Michael. It will be hard when he goes back to school in the Fall. I like all of this time with him!




1 comment:

Liz said...

Hey you two! Cute pictures and happy fourth to you! We miss you bunches!