I wanted to share an idea with everyone. As most of you know, I have had some real struggles with my job. Well, I got this book called Feel the Fear... and Do it Anyway by Susan Jeffers. One of the things that I found in it has really helped me. In the book it encourages the reader to give away thanks to those who have helped us. It also mentions to increase our awareness of the ways that our lives are abundant.
The book says: "One way to increase your awareness is through what I call A Book of Abundance. Buy yourself a beautiful notebook (or journal). Start filling it by listing as many positive things in your life--past and present--as you can think of. Don't stop until you reach 150... Each day make entries in your book. Instead of a traditional diary--which for many is comprised of doom and gloom, wish and want--create this book which in effect simply states, 'I have!'"
Creating A Book of Abundance has really helped me to focus on all that is good and abundant in my life. I am richly blessed and my life is abundant! Heavenly Father does love me and all of us very much. He is aware of us and wants to help us. I hope this is a help to others out there!
4 comments:
This is such a great idea. I get down on myself sometimes and I really think a book like this would help me. Thanks! See ya Tuesday!!
i started one of these kind of books after reggie was born. i was a little depressed with how isolating and sometimes frustrating mothering could be. i alternate with "i have," "i love," and "i am grateful for."
What a wonderful suggestion - thanks for sharing!
You're right, Sara. We can't always change the circumstances of our life, but no one makes us feel anything--not to say emotions are unnatural; they actually are indicators of our divine heritage. But we're the ones who actively decide how we look at life, the mundane and the exquisite. I think the only way we can face life optimistically is by choosing to recognize the divine day to day. It's something I'm striving for, anyway.
Post a Comment