What a wonderful Christmas we had! We flew out to Salt Lake City on December 16th and due to some fun weather delays, we ended up coming in early on December 17th. We had the chance to visit with Danny, Kathleen, and Symphany. We stayed at their house and spent the entire following day with them. It had been a very long time since we had seen them and we had never met Symphany. She is such a cutie! We had a fun day and went to Hello Yogurt in Provo. It was very yummy! It was sad to leave after only a very short visit. The picture below is of all five of us just before Michael and I left for Pocatello.
1) Sledding on some huge hills in Pocatello. We had fun slipping and sliding all over. I didn't even end up with any bruises. Although, it took awhile to convince myself to go down the first time. It was a long way down!
2) Reading lots and lots. Michael's sister Anna I think set the record for most read over the break, but I enjoyed reading and napping during the day. There was one couch right by the Christmas tree and right below a huge window that I sat in nearly everyday. I would read until I got sleepy and then I took at nap. It was great!
3) All of Matt's fun hats! The picture below is Michael modeling one of them. He also had lots of other fun ones that he has collected. He let me wear a really warm red sock hat with a ball on top of it.
4) The family dinner we had with all of the Michael's brothers and sisters. We hardly fit around the dinner table. I remarked that I guess no one else can have kids or get married, there's no more room. Don't worry, I was only kidding!! But, it is crazy to think how quickly the family is growing!
5) Christmas Eve with the entire Redd family. There were a ton of people there. I forget how many Grandma Redd said there were there but we figured it was only half of the family and the entire house was full! Grandpa Redd makes this really yummy egg nog/ice cream stuff that I love. Then we do that Christmas story and have a talent show. It was a lot of fun.
6) Games, games, games! We played and learned lots of new games.
7) Christmas day was a chance to really reflect on the reason for Christmas. It is about the Savior. What a blessing to have a loving Savior!
Joni and Chase waiting to open presents
Me enjoying family time
Mom and Dad Redd
We had a relaxing and enjoyable Christmas break. At the end of it, we got to celebrate our Anniversary. On December 29th, we celebrated our third anniversary! We stayed at Bed & Breakfast in Salt Lake City. We got to see the movie The Tale of Despereaux and we ate yummy Vietnamese food.
2 comments:
What a relaxing vacation! You really deserved to kick back and take plenty of naps. Glad you also got to read a lot. Good for you!! We loved having you with us (even if it was short). That sledding sounds FUN! And I LOVE that photo of Michael sporting one of Matt's cool hats. Hope this coming semester flies by for both of you.
Oh, and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! Congratulations on 3 blissful years together :)
Post a Comment