Monday, February 9, 2009

Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day!  I am glad that this year Valentine's Day is on Saturday.  Michael and I will actually get to do something together!  I hope that everyone has a happy day!  I still have to figure out something to do for Michael.  I never know what to do for a guy on a holiday like Valentine's Day.  Any suggestions?

Well, everything is going fine here.  We are getting through the semester so far.  We have just 3 months until Michael will graduate and we are super excited!  The key will be to get through those months.  That will be the hard part. =)  We are excited that Michael's parents and his sister and brother in law are going to be able to come to the graduation.

Other than that, things are pretty ordinary.  I set a goal to read 50 books in 2009.  I am somewhat behind at this point because I got bogged down in a really long book.  But, I have 4 books so far.  If you have any book suggestions let me know since I have a lot to go to reach my goal!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a similar goal, but only 40! :) I've stared the Screwtape Letters, and it's good. My mom recommended The Book of 1000 Days, which I enjoyed. Also by Shannon Hale I liked The Princess Academy. I also just read The Black Stallion, which I never read as a kid. Let me know what you've read and liked!

J.D. said...

Ok Sara, here is the key to valentines day for men: just buy them a regular gift like its their birthday; most guys will appreciate something useful or enjoyable instead of something sentimental (since chocolate would kill Michael anyway).

Here is my list of good books to read:
Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr
Kingdom and the Crown series

Here are Liz's recommendations:
Goose Girl by Shannon Hale
Chronicles of Narnia

You have probably already read all of those but thats ok.

Joy said...

I f you haven't read them yet, the Twilight books are a good quick read as well (Joe's even reading them, and you know he doesn't have time for that!)