Thursday, December 3, 2009

Last Day

Today was officially my last day of work at UConn. Although, luckily, I didn't actually have to go back to work. I am now a "work at home" mom. I have never liked the term stay at home mom because it sounds like you aren't doing much. I beg to differ and I am sure other moms would say the same thing. I am so grateful for the blessing of being able to stay home with Eli! I know that it was an answer to prayers. I know that my Heavenly Father loves me and he loves each of his children.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Congratulations on officially ending work at UConn! Like you said, your work at home is anything but a vacation. I can't help but laugh, though, when I think of Danny or Dad jokingly asking, "What did you do all day? Sit around and eat bonbons?" At least I hope they're joking! That being said, I still find myself rattling off a list of my accomplishments when Danny comes home, explaining just how long it took to do all the laundry, organize something, etc. Guess I especially go into detail when the evidences of my work are less obvious. Anyway, we are very happy for you! That's so cool that Michael has started a job in line with his career goal objectives, that you two have bought a home, and that you get to spend your time at home taking care of precious Eli! Amazing how everything came together in perfect fashion in the end!

Joni and Chase said...

COngrats Sara! That is wonderful that you are able to stay at home with little Eli. He is so blessed to have a mom who is willing and wanting to do that. I really admire you for that! It is wonderful how the Lord blesses us! He does watch over us in our righteous desires. We love you and are happy for how things have turned out!