Friday, January 15, 2010

Christmas

We had a wonderful Christmas. We ended up being able to go to Indiana to visit my family. My parents and brother Matt and his family were there. It had been two years since we had seen Matt, Shelley and their kids. It was a much needed and enjoyable visit. I enjoyed playing with Faith and Clay. I was glad to see that Faith remembered Michael and I.

We were a bit worried, though, that we would even get there in time. Our flight on December 23rd was cancelled because Chicago airport was closed and we had a layover there. So we had to fly on December 24th. It was not very nice to have to go to the airport two days in a row. But, we finally made it.

I loved that Michael and I were able to go out a couple of times while my parents watched Eli. We went out to eat with Matt and Shelley and then we went out for our anniversary on December 29th. I also enjoyed the help caring for Eli.
Here are some pictures from our trip in no particular order.
Michael and I all ready to go to go out and celebrate our anniversary
Matt liked the gift card that we got him to Home Depot
The kids couldn't wait to open their toys and start playing, but that was easier said than done.
I love this picture! Although, I just realized it is not from our trip to Indiana.

Mom and Dad lounging while watching movies on New Year's Eve

Eli with a slight grin for the camera

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Thanks so much for this post! It's great to see a few pictures of your wonderful Christmas stay in Indiana! I love your sweater; it's a great color on you! Glad you got to go out so often while you were there. And it's great to see some candid shots of everyone else, too. :)