Thursday, January 6, 2011

A Great Vacation!

For Christmas, Michael, Eli, and I went to Pocatello, ID to visit with Michael's family. It was the first vacation we had gone on in a long while and it was much needed. It had been two years since we had been to Idaho and that long since we had seen much of Michael's family. My sister-in-law and Michael's sister Joni took lots of pictures and I included a bunch here. They are in no particular order.

Me with most of Michael's sisters and Mom


Girl's Night....We had SO much fun, ate lots of junk food, and watched the new Emma movie.

Michael and I at his grandparents. We went over there for lunch one day.

The two newest additions to the family...Cami Egbert and Benjamin Smyth. What cuties!

Michael's family with just the parents and kids

Our little family being silly

Family picture

It is hard to decide which picture of so many people is the best....the entire clan!

Grandma, Eli, and Uncle Matthew reading books

Daddy and Eli playing. Eli loves to play with Michael's hat.

Christmas Eve dinner. We had a candlelight dinner with lots of yummy food.

Making gingerbread houses. I had never made one but I had a lot of fun and ate too much candy too! =)

A bunch of us just before heading to the extended family party.

Eli and Cami with Aunt Joni. Eli loved his aunts and uncles and all of the attention.

Eli playing at Great-Grandma Redd's house
We really had a great vacation. Some other highlights include celebrating our 5th anniversary on December 29th. I can't believe how quickly the time has gone by. Michael's parents let us get away for the night and they watched Eli. Eli also got a hair cut. After having a few people refer to him as a she I decided it was time to cut his hair. He looks so grown up now. I will have to post the pictures of the process. Eli was also cutting molars while we were there and so he was periodically quite grumpy. All of Michael's adult siblings with their spouses all went to dinner one night. It was lots of although we didn't get to sit at the same table. I hope we can continue that tradition each Christmas with those of us that are there.

It was tough coming back to everything and tough readjusting to Eastern time. We are still working on adjusting to the time change. In recent news we got a huge snow storm yesterday that left us with 2 ft of snow I think. It is the biggest snowfall we've had since moving to CT by far. I hope that everyone had a great Christmas and that the New Year treats you well!

2 comments:

Reid Family said...

It was so fun to see you guys! We are glad that you had a great vacation!!!

Kathleen said...

Cute pictures all around! I'm glad all the Redds finally got to meet your handsome little Eli. Someday we'll be lucky enough to do the same. Happy Belated 5th Wedding Anniversary!