Friday, January 22, 2010

Being a Mom

I just wanted to step up on my soap box for a minute. Being a work-at-home mom can be hard, let's face it. It is nap after nap after feeding after diaper, and you get the picture. However, there is so much to enjoy. I love all of Eli's smiles, cooing, and laughing. I love to play with him and see his eyes light up as he begins to understand things. I have come to know that like so many moms I have spoken with, being a mom is hard but worth it. I can't think of anything that I have done in life that was worthwhile that was really easy. The most rewarding things in our lives take the most work and perseverance. The experience of becoming and being a mom has made me even more grateful for my own mother and to the mothers out there that I turn to for advice. Although I don't think you can ever become an expert, it is nice to be able to turn to the experienced mom if nothing else for affirmation and suggestions. Above all, I am grateful for the opportunity to be able to see my little one grow up and be the one to care for him.


2 comments:

Jacalyn said...

Couldn't have said it better myself. I thought that was beautiful and it touched my heart. I sure am glad that you are the mother of my grandson. I love you.

Kathleen said...

You are a wonderful mother! And it seems like you have learned the ropes quicker than I did (I think you'll approach "expert" much nearer and faster than I ever will). Michael and Eli are very blessed to have you!