Sunday, June 7, 2009

Of hours, babies, and planning

Michael now has over 500 hours of supervised therapy under his belt. He had to get 500 hours of client contact in order to finish up his MFT program and be officially done. He can tell you that the last bit was a rush to the finish. Although, we were disappointed to learn that even though he did get all of his hours done in time, he will still be graduating in August officially. We are hoping that this won't prevent him from getting a job before then. He is relieved, though, to now just be able to finish up his last week of his internship this week and enjoy the last bit without the crunch of hours.

I am feeling more and more pregnant every day. I am now almost 25 weeks along. I can't believe how quickly it has gone by, but at the same time I can't believe that I have 15 more weeks for my belly to grow. I guess the nice thing is that by the end I will have a really strong back from carrying the extra weight. I am also beginning to realize how little time 15 weeks is to prepare to have a baby. Where did the time go?

I would like to say that not much else is going on but that would be a lie. We are extremely busy planning and figuring out things. Life comes at you fast and it definitely throws curve balls. To detail everything would take too long and bore you so let me just say that things are going well and we are keeping out of trouble. =) I can say, though, that the last while I have been so grateful for prayer and for a loving Heavenly Father. I know that if we let Him, he will lead us along and guide us through the Spirit. I know that despite the challenges, if we rely on our Savior and our Father in Heaven we can learn and find the right way to go.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

25 weeks already?! Yes, it does seem to be flying by now! We're so happy for Michael that his hours are completed. Yahoo!! Maybe we'll give you a call sometime soon b/c we wouldn't get bored hearing all the details of your busy-ness and planning. Miss you!!

karla said...

Congrats on the upcoming graduation and baby. How exciting!